Why go Private?
Here are just some of the reasons why choosing to see your own counsellor rather than waiting for an NHS appointment might be helpful:
1. There are usually no long waiting lists to see a counsellor privately and so you are able to start your counselling without a long delay.
2. A private practitioner can be more flexible with appointments. I offer daytime, and evening appointments, and don't just work office hours.
3. No notes will go on your medical records.
4. You can choose a private practitioner who is trained and experienced in working with the sort of issue you are seeking counselling for, rather than being assigned a counsellor by the NHS. I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and also have specialist training in couples counselling and trauma/loss.
5. There is no restriction on the number of sessions you can have. We can discuss this together and will be able to work at your pace rather than having to work to a number of sessions set by an organisation like the NHS.
6. You will be able to contact your counsellor directly to make appointments rather than going through a call centre. I can be contacted directly by phone, text or email to arrange appointments.
With thanks to Chris Rudyard, www.counsellingforliverpool.com